Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ashley's first Piano Recital

Piano is over for the year and I'm thrilled and relieved. The recital was excellent, all the kids played really well. I always tend to get just as nervous for them as they get for themselves. But this year was really nerve wracking. Ashley was playing for the first time, and I had the mom nerves along with the teacher nerves. She did really well. She's a really great little student. I always vowed I'd never teach my own kids, because it's a nightmare. She wouldn't take from anyone else, so I finally agreed.....conditionally. As soon as she starts fighting me with the practicing it stops, and she gets a different teacher. So far she's really self motivated and reminds ME when she needs to practice. Hopefully that will continue. She just started taking lessons about a month and a half ago and REALLY wanted to play in the recital. I was hesitant since she's been playing such a short time and she's so young. I finally gave in, and she did really really well. The video is the first song she played (memorized) called "the zoo". Tim wasn't able to get her second song, Erik was sitting on his lap, and wasn't going to allow it for anything, which is unfortunate. Her second song was even better than the first. I'm very proud of you, Ashley!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! How old is she? Jaden wants me to teach him too, but I feel the same way you do. I've been having alot of poeple ask me to teach thier kids piano, but I teach more voice. What books do you use? EMail me if you can. hawker@wirelessbeehive.com
COngrats on your recital! Now its time for the baby to come!!!!

riggs family said...

Can you please move back to WA, so that you can teach Jenna Piano? I really don't think it's to much to ask. Ashley played great, I'm very impressed, we just got a piano, and we are looking for a teacher for jenna, any advice, remember anyone around that teaches?