Thursday, August 6, 2009

Updates

Thanks to Uncle Scott's running program I am now able to run a half hour without stopping! I know that doesn't sound significant, but to me it IS! I have also started a biggest loser competition in my ward! We started on Saturday with our initial weigh in, and I've lost a whopping 0.5 lbs. I'm excited about it though!
I also went jet skiing for the first time on Tuesday. It was a BLAST! It's pretty cheap too. I guess it only cost about $100 to rent the jetskis for the entire day, and the company brings them to the lake to you, and then comes and picks them up when you're done. Sweet Deal! We took the kids out on them too. Ashley didn't like it because she said she got too cold (it was about 95 degrees out, so I didn't quite understand that), but Erik LOVED it. Tim said he kept asking him to go Faster, Faster!!! Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures. :( We had a great time, and the Lake was only about 5 minutes from our house. It was actually a little cove off the snake river, but I still had NO idea it was there. There's a swimming area roped off and a boat launch and a dock and everything....now that I know about it, we'll be spending a lot more time there!

2 comments:

Little Farmer Family said...

Way to go Amy!! It sounds like a fun competition unless you have to stand and weigh in in front of everyone. :) But I'm glad you guys are doing good. I saw Tim in Wal-Mart last week with the kids. I miss seeing you though. Good Luck with the challenge!!

Kristy said...

That is the best way, to rent. We did that a Bear Lake. So much better then owning it, and storing it, and doing the repairs, and other junk. Congrats on the running. Totally understand. I injured my knee about 3 weeks ago and I can't run at all. I miss the good "sweat". I don't get to run in Pocatello, but Shawn is going to.