Saturday, July 11, 2009

Goals

I'm starting to get pretty excited about running, which hasn't happened in.....well, ever. I did cross country track in Jr. High....and hated it. That might have had something to do with the fact that we trained with the high school runners who were much fitter and faster, and I always felt inadequate running with them. Well, I've learned to only compare myself to me now, and I'm enjoying it finally. I have started Uncle Scott's training program (Thanks Scott!), and will be running the Pocatello 10K on Sept. 5th, and the 10K in Shelley for Spud Days the following weekend. I'm also planning to do a half marathon in Surprise, AZ the end of January. I've found that little goals are the way to go. I've also realized (and this has given me amazing motivation), that when I get through my first race it will be the biggest accomplishment of my life (a little pathetic, but definitely note worthy). So wish me luck! I'll need it!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

That is awesome! Those small goals are what get you to where you want to be. Make sure you take pictures!

Dana, Proud mommy to 4 said...

That's AWESOME!! I wanna be ready and healed with my back to do a 10K next summer. I LOVE running too! I did my first 5K last year and I felt SO great!! What's your program? I've finally gotten the ok to exercise! Anyways good luck. Take pictures, I wish I had!

Marjorie said...

How exciting! I'm so happy for you! Let Rich and I know when you're coming to AZ, we are in Peoria, it's close to Surprise.