Saturday, December 13, 2008

SNOW!!

Yea!! Finally, snow! Well, only a couple of inches, but still...SNOW! I am of the mindset that if it's going to be cold...it better be snowin'. Just cold is miserable, especially here in Idaho. I don't know what it is that makes Idaho so bitterly cold in the winter, but it's the kind of cold where you step outside, inhale, and your nose hairs freeze over. Don't go outside with wet hair, it'll break off at the ends. When Tim and I first got married, we spent Christmas down here with his family. His mom gave us one of those fish bowls that have a plant in it and a beta fish, telling us that if we could keep the plant and fish alive for a year we'd be ready to have kids. I'll bet you can see it coming. We stepped outside her house, walked to our car and got in. In the time it took us to get to the car......the plant died. So far I'm doing better with my kids, Ashley's made it 5 years. Cross your fingers.
Tim's family has a tradition of going up to Mountain River Ranch for a sleigh ride and dinner every year after Christmas. We've experienced the gammot- no snow so they put the wheels on for a wagon ride, wet rainy mud bogging rides, and beautiful snowy sleigh rides. I'm PRAYING for the beautiful snowy sleigh ride this year. Keep the snow coming!!!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

What a great tradition! We got our first snowfall of the year today. I bet you still got more snow!