Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Chuck-a-rama

So, I happen to like tradition. For example, for Thanksgiving I picture a big family dinner with a turkey and all the fixin's sitting around afterward groaning over the pain in your belly and then seeing if you can add more to the enormous pile in your gut by eating at least 2 peices of pie. Now, in my traditional mind, this ritual takes place at the home of a family member (grandma, mom, etc.) . Now, apparently not everyone agrees with me. My husband's family has a tradition for Thanksgiving. They (and they includes me apparently) go to the chuck-a-rama for Thanksgiving Dinner. Now, this is a tradition I'm having a hard time getting behind.
And why does no one sympathize with me??? Everyone I've complained to expecting sympathy thinks it's a great idea!!! No clean up, no prep. What could be better.
I guess it could be worse, and I should be thankful for a meal at all. And I suppose the Chuck-a-rama still fulfills all of the food, pain, pie criteria.

3 comments:

riggs family said...

I too am a traditionalist. If that is even a word. Give me the turkey at home, but I'm sure the chuck-o-rama is fun too. If you don't like it, then it is o.k. to start your own family tradition. they can't stay mad forever can they.

Kristy said...

For awhile ours was Denny's. We go to my family one year and then the next year Shawns family. But sometimes they do it the Saturday before the real Thanksgiving. So on Thanksgiving day we would end up at Denny's, it's always open!

Hydi said...

I'm with you. You can come out here for Thanksgiving. I've even got a bed for you. :D